New Lessons Learned

I must admit-having a baby has recently taught me numerous lessons. Let me share some of them with you:

* Patience. Currently, my son wakes up between 2-3 times a night. What amazes me is that even though I pick him up, change his diaper and get his bottle ready, he continues to cry, even though his needs will be met. Seeing and experiencing this makes me wonder, how many times do we do the same thing? We know deep in our hearts that God is there with us, carrying us through our daily lives while meeting our needs, but yet, we still throw our "tantrums" and in turn, lose our patience because we feel as though God is not working on our timetable. Watching my son as he cries has caused me to question how many times I do this to God.

* Decision Making-Since Liam has arrived, I've had some decision making to do which in turn has caused me to really lean on God. What decisions are you needing to make today? Have you turned to God and asked Him to guide and lead you?

* Opinions-Having a baby brings about the many opinions of others. While I appreciate the majority of the thoughts and ideas I get from others, I can't but help ask myself-Jen, are you listening more to the opinions of others or are you truly seeking God's ideas and what it is that He thinks is best? Let me ask you the same-as you make decisions and try to figure things out in life-are you seeking the opinions of others over God?

I pray that as you continue to seek out your Life Purpose, that you will realize that God desires nothing more than to share His thoughts and ideas with you and that even though it may seems like He's not working on your behalf, be patient, He's not only meeting your needs, but preparing you for what He has for you! May you be blessed!

No comments: