Chaos

Do you ever feel as though your life is somewhat chaotic? This week has been one of those weeks for me. Let me explain.

Last Saturday, I received a "frantic" phone call from my mother informing me that my grandfather had been admitted to the hospital and that the doctors confirmed that we needed to be there. When I received this phone call, Luke was in the middle of "remodeling" our master bedroom and bathroom. I was in the middle of completing assignments for my doctorate and was really hoping to accomplish some required reading that I had not been able to get to. Needless to say, all of those plans went out the door.

I ended up driving down to South Florida with my brother and his wife while my husband stayed behind to clean up the remodeling mess and to also stay true to his commitment to play in a worship band in Tampa that was having their very first service (he ended up coming to Miami on Sunday). When I arrived in Miami, I saw my grandfather-he was on a breathing tube and was pretty much out of it. Needless to say, two hours later he passed away.

This week has been filled with many tears, thoughts, disorganization, stress, fatigue, etc. Basically, it has been a chaotic week. What do you do when life seems to get chaotic? Let me share with you some thoughts regarding overcoming the chaoticness that life seems to throw at us at times:

1) Breathe-when life gets chaotic, just breathe. Take some deep breathes and allow yourself a few minutes to refocus.

2) Pray-God answers prayers. When life seems out of control, take a few minutes to lift your anxieties, worries, and fears to the Lord. Hold on to His truth; "Be still and know that I am God".

3) Look for the positive-this can be a hard thing to do when life takes a turn, but let me assure you, it works. When you allow your mind to focus on the positive, your outlook changes.

Do you currently feel as though your life is a tad bit chaotic? Maybe you have a child who is getting ready to head off to college, one that is starting middle school or high school for the first time, maybe some things have taken place within your family, etc. If life seems chaotic, take the time to breathe, pray, and focus on the positive. It will make all the difference!

Until next time!

Jen

No comments: