Journaling


Each year I come across women who truly desire to grow closer to God. In my experience, one of the best ways to truly draw closer to God and in turn, communicate with Him is through journaling. I don't know about you, but when I am able to just sit and write, something happens. I feel a sense of peace, relief, and closeness. It's as if I'm truly able to get all my thoughts, questions, ideas, concerns, confusions, etc., out in such a way that I would not be able to if I were to just speak them out.


For the next few days, let me encourage you to spend some quality time chatting with your Maker via journaling. I guarantee you that if you take the time to do this on a daily basis, you will draw closer to the Lord. Start the new year off fresh by purchasing a journal that will only consist of your letters to God. If you would rather type out your journal entries, set up a folder on your computer that is completely dedicated to God's letters.

In order to help you in this endeavor, I will be providing you with some specific "questions" that you can respond to in your journal. So, let's begin!

Question #1:
"Why did God create me?"

Take some time today to truly focus on this question. Why do you think God created you? What was His purpose in creating you with your specific gifts, strengths, talents, skills, passions, weaknesses, etc.?

If you feel up to-share your responses! I would love to hear them!

No comments: