Do your reactions hold you back?


"God honoring reactions will give us a God sized reach"-Lysa TerKeurst,

This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend the She Speaks conference in Charlotte, NC. I've actually wanted to attend for a few years now, but never really had the opportunity. All I can say is that it was an AMAZING weekend of not only spending some great quality girl time with two great girls, but also having the opportunity to meet a variety of women who desire nothing more than to follow hard after God and His calling on their life. It truly was an inspirational weekend.

While everything at this conference was great, there is one thing that has really stuck out to me-the quote listed above. I can't help but continually think about the way I react in different situations. Ever since Lysa spoke those words, "God honoring reactions will give us a God sized reach", I can't help but think before I react. While this is a good thing, it is also annoying at times because the reality is, I've come to realize what a major overhaul I need in this area. My reactions are not always so God honoring.

I've continually been "checking" myself when responding to my husband, coworkers, child, and friends. And you know what I have realized? The more I think before I react, the better my reactions end up being. And honestly, this not only brings a smile to my face (and I'm sure the the faces of those that I react to!), but also to the face of God.

How will you choose to react differently this week? Remember, "God honoring reactions will give you a God sized reach". Isn't this what we all long for? I know I do!


2 comments:

Shana said...

I love the accompanying pic! This is an amazing quote that has had me stopping in my tracks. Great blog post. :)

Jennifer Bennett, MACE, LPC, LPF said...

Shana, I'm with you! I'm consistently thinking about this quote before I say or do anything! Truly an impacting message!

Hope you are doing great!