Mini-Makeover Madness

This past Saturday, I woke up just feeling blah and was really sensing that I needed to give myself a "Mini-Makeover". You know, my hair was beginning to look as if it hadn't been touched or brushed in weeks, my wardrobe was lacking (closet full of clothes yet I couldn't "find" anything to wear), nothing seemed to fit anymore, and my nails looked as if they had been through the ringer and back!
Needless to say, I woke up and decided it was time to get myself in order again! I spent the morning focused on this one thing and would not allow anything to get in my way of accomplishing the goal of "getting myself fixed".

Well later that evening, I felt as if the Lord was speaking to me. Now believe me, I do think it's perfectly ok and at times really needed, to get a mini-makeover. I tend to take part in one every few months. But I did feel as if the Lord was asking me whether or not I had ever been so diligent in wanting and desiring a heart makeover. Let me explain.

When I was busy running around on Saturday accomplishing those things that I felt I needed in order to make myself look better on the outside, I would not allow anything to stop me from reaching my goal. I was determined. But yet, Saturday evening I had to truly ask myself, when was the last time I was this diligent in allowing myself to look deep into my heart and in turn, wanted nothing more than to get myself in order again? When was the last time I was "disgusted" by what I saw on the inside, that I would in no way allow anything to get in my way from reading and meditating on God's Word so that my heart could have a mini-makeover? When did I last long for a clean heart? Honestly, it had been some time.

So, Saturday night I spent some time just reading and thinking about this person, Jen Bennett that He created and in turn, spent some time thinking about those "ugly parts" that I really want to change. And you know what? It was refreshing! It was time well spent.

So, you know I have to ask, When was the last time you longed for a heart makeover? Is it time for one in your life?


No comments: