The Joy of Living a Life of Purpose

This past week I received an email from one of my amazing clients who came to see me exactly a year ago for her 2-day Life Plan Facilitation. Every time I hear from her, I can't help but smile because she is living a life filled with purpose. She has allowed the Lord to guide her and in turn, he has used her in ways she couldn't even begin to imagine. Here's the latest email I received from her:


"My dearest Jen,
Today marks the 1 year anniversary of my completion of the Life Review process with you. It seems as if so much time has passed and I really feel I have grown and transformed so much. Here's a summary:

1) Physically: lost 66 pounds since baby was born
2) Mentally: have removed self-imposed barriers that limited my God-given potential
3) Heart: have identified what my passions are and have created my own projects to work in those areas. In fact, CREATED current position via a conversation with the hiring manager and we matched my passions with his business needs (this was a true God thing!)
4) Soul/Spirit: have grown much closer to God through daily Bible reading, claiming specific verses for my life, and regular conversations with God throughout the day

God was orchestrating so many things and I had faith that everything I was going through (including my job change in July of last year which was unpleasant for me, but was pivotal in my spiritual growth) was going to be worked out for good. In July of last year I took the "risky" faith step (see Daily Devotional below) of staying on in the new job I was offered, even though the job was not a good fit for my skills/passions/etc. I am so glad I did. God had me on a holding pattern because he wanted to prepare me to get involved in what I am working on right now at work. In fact, the products that I am looking after right now were launched in June 2006 (right when I got back to finish my Life Review) !!! Now, I am in charge of turning around those portfolios and re-defining the products!!! During that period of holding, God guided me to discover more of my strengths and passions. He led me to read books by John C. Maxwell and even attend a Leadership seminar he held in Palm Beach, so that I could develop my courage to speak to my then-future boss about my passions and request for a specific position within the company to deal with micro finance (a position that did not exist at the time). In short, during that "down" period, God was polishing me and preparing me. I continue to be polished and prepared on a daily basis, but I was aware at the time and now that this "down" time has been a crash course in humility, leadership, teamwork, and confidence-building. I was keenly aware at every step of the way that God was preparing me for a job, a big job (as I hinted in my Christmas letter). I did not know what that job would be or when, but I knew it was coming. Now, it has come.

From July 12-19 and August 10-17 I will be attending a seminar at a business school in Nicaragua, where I was faculty member many years ago, that focuses on Microfinance in Central America. Jen, you may recall that Microfinance is where I saw God leading me last year in my Life Review. I was expecting it to work out with another group within the organization that was already working in micro finance around the world, but God had other (and may I add better) plans that fit my gifts/skills/passions to a T. Our God is so good and kind to us, I cannot believe that today, on my one year anniversary of completing my Life Review (2 year anniversary of having started it), I can tell you that I am Living the Life I Was Meant To Live.

Jen, thanks again for letting yourself be used to help others with their Life Reviews.

May God continue to bless you,
Cristina-2-Day Life Plan Client"

As I read this email, I can't help but to allow my heart to be filled with joy. This to me, is what God has intended. He wants us to live lives where we use the gifts and talents that he has given us so that in turn, we can make a difference in this world. This is why I coach-Seeing other people living out their passions brings me such fulfillment that I honestly could not imagine not doing this.

No comments: