Discovering YOU!


I hope you have had the opportunity to spend some time really thinking about the questions that I posed on Sunday:


* Why are you alive?

* What are you most proud of having accomplished at this point in your life?

* If you were financially able to retire one year from today, what would you begin working on to prepare for that?


As you went through the questions and answered them honestly, what thoughts were running through your head? Do you know why you are alive? Do you truly believe that you have a purpose and that no matter what you have been through or are currently going through, that God does indeed want to do a mighty work through you?


What were you thinking when you started pondering what it is that you are most proud of having accomplished at this point in your life? Maybe it was losing those last 10 pounds you've been holding onto. Maybe it was being consistent in your quiet time. Or maybe, you went back to school and started pursuing what you have always dreamed about pursuing. What is it that you are most proud of right now in your life?


When I ponder this question, I have to admit-What makes me most proud is that I am currently working on my doctorate. Granted, I don't like all the school work, but getting a doctorate is something I have always thought about, but honestly, many times I felt as though I could never do it. I had those same doubts that many of you encounter when you begin thinking about those things your heart longs for. Those thoughts of, "you can't do this, you're not smart enough, no one will listen, no one will believe that you can do it, etc." But you know what? I decided to not allow those thoughts to stop me from pursuing a dream that I have always had and believe it or not, I actually have a 4.0 grade point average. Hard for me to believe-but not so hard for God-He, once again showing me that His dreams are bigger than mine.


Lastly, if you were financially able to retire one year from today, what would you begin working on to prepare for that? Personally, I think I would be doing exactly what I'm doing-going to school, being actively involved within my church, continuing my writing, etc. I would be doing exactly what it is that I am currently doing. Can you say the same thing? Or are you continuing to hold off on pursuing those things that you want to pursue because you feel like it's just something that will have to wait?


Let me encourage you to really make it your prayer to seek the heart of God and in turn, to allow Him to reveal to you why he has created you for such a time as this. Allow Him to show you what makes his heart soar-what in your life has just made Him smile like never before. Allow Him to make it absolutely clear as to what He wants to do in your life. He'll show you, I promise. Just give Him the time and He'll come through!


Are you ready for you new set of questions? Here they are:


* What would you most like the people at your funeral to say about you, specifically?


* Who in history do you admire most and why?


* If you could solve a world problem, what would it be? Be VERY specific.


I would LOVE to hear your thoughts in regards to the last question-what world problem would you solve?


Enjoy your time of discovery!


Your Purpose Partner,

Jen


No comments: