What Inspires You?


What inspires you? What gets your creative juices going? What kind of environment causes you to dream, set goals, and in turn, envision who you can become?


I LOVE being inspired! And what's funny is that I don't really know how to explain the feelings I encounter when I am inspired. Let me share some personal examples with you.


As a high school teacher, not only do I want to inspire my students, but I want and need to be inspired throughout the day-especially on those days where my precious students are determined to drive me crazy! :) To help inspire me, I have purchased a few things that I have placed throughout my classroom.


First, I have two pictures hanging right above my desk that truly inspire me. I LOVE pictures of outside cafes. There is just something about those kinds of pictures that get me dreaming. So, needless to say, right above my desk I have two pictures of outside cafes. One in particular has the word Shakespeare written across it which of course I love being that I am an English teacher.


Another piece of inspiration is a small photo of Walt Disney which is hanging from my white board. In this picture you have Walt Disney walking on the undeveloped land where Walt Disney World currently stands. In the background, very faintly, you see Cinderella's castle. At the bottom of the picture it states, "It's fun to dream the impossible." Every time I see that picture I can't help but be inspired. To think about this incredible man whose dream started with a mouse and to see what has come from that, is just absolutely inspiring to me.


Lastly, I have a wood carving that sits on my white board that states, "Believe-with God all things are possible." Seeing these things on a daily basis inspire me to do the absolute best that I can and in turn, to give God all I've got.



Another place of inspiration for me is my home. I LOVE candles, so needless to say, my house has candles everywhere. The sweet aroma inspire me to read, write, and dream. Additionally, I also have a picture of an outside cafe on the wall that is adjacent from our living room. And then, right across from the couch I sit on, I have another wood carving that states, "God is Faithful" which reminds me on a daily basis that God will do what He has promised to do in my life.



So, what inspires you? Is it being able to take a walk, going to the bookstore, eating at an outside cafe, getting together with like minded girlfriends, or just cuddling up on the couch with a great book in hand?



Take some time to think about those things that inspire you. As you think of these things, write them down and then see what you can do to not only make your home a place of inspiration, but also your work environment. You'll be surprised how your attitude will change when you allow yourself to be surrounded by those things that get you dreaming!

No comments: