When Your Kid Isn't College Bound

Today, I came across a couple of interesting articles that deal directly with students and college. Take some time to read them and let me know your thoughts:

“My dad wants me to go to college — he’s a very 'education-is-the-greatest-aspect-of-life' kind of guy,” Marchioni says. But despite the lectures from his father and the taunts of his classmates, he has no regrets about his decision. “I’ll be doing something better,” he says confidently. Read More

Also, take some time to read the thoughts of those who have reflected about their past decisions in regards to attending or not attending college, and the thoughts, concerns, and fears that parents face regarding their children and college:

"Looking back now at age 46, I could kick myself in the behind for not sticking with it. I, as a teenager, definitely did not know what was good for me or my future," writes Heidi. "There are so many roads that have been blocked because I did not pursue higher education during those early years." Read More

What are your thoughts in regards to college? Did you go? If so, why? If not, why not? Do you feel as though you were ready to attend college at the age of 18? Did you have a clear understanding of who you were and what you wanted to study? Do you expect your children to attend college? Why or why not?

Please, feel free to share any thoughts in regards to attending or not attending college and any other thoughts you may have on the subject. I look forward to reading your responses.

No comments: