Lies


When it comes to living out our life purpose, it is vital that we "uncover" those lies that we tend to cling to. These lies usually take the form of false assumptions we have, life misunderstandings, negative thoughts we have towards ourselves, etc. These lies are things that we allow to dictate not only the way we live our life, but also the way we choose to believe whether or not the Lord does have a purpose for us and whether or not we believe that He will do what He has promised to do.

Let me give you an example. As a young girl, I failed miserably at math. It all began during my middle school years. I had this math teacher who was just absolutely horrendous. She would require you to go to the board to work out a math problem. If you did not respond with the correct answer, she would yell at you in front of the whole class. Unfortunately, that began my dislike for math and my false belief that I could never do well in math. In high school, I flunked right out of geometry. I really believed that I could not do it nor pass the class successfully. Needless to say, when I entered college, I had my doubts about math and whether or not I could actually earn a college degree. Thankfully, I chose to not allow myself to give into those lies. Had I done that, I would not be where I am today-pursuing my Doctorate degree (which by the way, at one point I "believed" that I could never do).

What lies are you allowing yourself to believe hook, line, and sinker? What lies are keeping you from living the life that the Lord would have you live? Do you believe that you are not good enough and that God could never love you nor use you? Do you believe that you could never accomplish a college degree? Do you tend to see yourself as that chubby little girl that no one liked?

Take some time to allow yourself to uncover those lies that are keeping you from living the life that God would have you live. As you uncover these lies, make sure to also take some time to ask God how you (with His help) can overcome these false beliefs. It's only when we begin to uncover these lies that we can begin living a life of purpose!

Blessings!

No comments: