Unexpected Surprises


Why is it that when you are on vacation, time seems to fly by? I have had such a wonderful time in Charleston, SC these past few days, that in all honesty, it's going to be hard to go home. It has been wonderful being able to sleep in, explore, not having to worry about laundry, house work, etc. It's also just been really nice being able to think about the many thoughts and things that the Lord is continuing to show me.

First off, I have had the opportunity to meet a couple of people while I've been here in Charleston. Not only did I meet another Jen Bennett, but my husband and I also met a lady who used to live in Clermont, Florida-where we currently live. Now, I find that to be quite interesting. Let me explain how this happened. For the past few days, Luke and I have been driving down the same road in order to get where we need to get. Well every day, we have been passing this place called Life Management Center, Inc., which consists of educational consultants who work with families and schools in a variety of areas. Well of course, I wanted to stop to speak with someone from the company in order to get information about what they do being that this is a huge interest of mine. Today was the day. We walked in and met with this lady who gave us some wonderful information about what they offer and what it is that they specialize in. As we were talking, she mentioned that she was from Florida and of course we asked what part of Florida. Her response went something like this, "well, I'm from this little place right outside of Orlando called Clermont." We instantly had a bond!

Now, while this may not be all that exciting, what it reminded me of was the fact that it just continues to amaze me how the Lord opens doors here and there for us to meet and come into contact with those people that He wants us to come into contact with. Not only that, but He also opens the doors that He wants to open and He opens them when He wants to open them. Additionally, God will let you in on what He has for you when the time is right. I never expected to have so many thoughts and ideas flowing through my head while on vacation, but I have. God has been showing me some great things while I've been here and in all honesty, it just excites me!

Be open to what God wants to do you in your life. Many times, it's in those small occurrences that He ends up speaking big. Be open and always keep your ears,heart, and mind open to what He wants to show you!

No comments: